9:34 AM

"New" Shirt

I have been reading alot of blogs recently that re-purpose clothes. They always turn out really cute, so I have started finding things to re-purpose. I made a dress for Harley out of one of Jeremiahs button up shirts that he has not worn in a while. It turned out really cute!



So I had a shirt I got last year when Mervyns was going out of business for 1.20. Great deal, the only problem was it was tight is the sleeves. It was a long sleeve shirt and around the elbow it was too tight. But I bought it thinking I was going to shorten the sleeves or something. Well, 1 year later I finally did! I think it looks good. I even put a pleat in the sleeve to give it a little more detail. What do you think??? Don't worry, the sleeves aren't 2 lengths, its just the way its hanging on the window seal.!!!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

way to go! I'm totally impressed. I really should go though my closet to find things I can "re-purpose"

Stevens Family said...

Okay now you have peaked my curiosity, what site did you find that dress shirt? It is so adorable?

Adrianne Miller said...

You are crafty Sally! I want to be like you when I grow up. I think it would take me an hour to sew on a button.

S. and A. Millar said...

You've got my mind thinking about all the things I could "re-purpose" now :) Thanks for the good idea. Your projects turned out really cute!

Jen Rutter said...

very cute. I am impressed.